Cocoon Ventures invests in future world changing technologies. This means that we constantly track trends that drive the future. Our team spends a great deal of time internally creating technology roadmaps, but more importantly, we recognize that there is tremendous value in listening to other smart people. And that’s why we’d love to hear your perspective.
We are challenging smart people like you all over the world to tell us what the future looks like 10 years from now. Contributors range from VC's and entrepreneurs, to academicians and government workers. It doesn’t matter who you are or what vertical you choose: healthcare, software, clean-tech, politics – anything you like. It does not need to coincide with our investment focus at all. To submit your thoughts take a look at our guidelines and as we collect interesting perspectives, we will include them in a future oriented publication along with our own thoughts about the future. So, stay tuned to this section of our website.
- Want notification about any publication?
- Interested in being an operational part of the publication process?
- Are you part of an organization that wants to partner with us in tracking the future or in publishing future theses?
Future Submission Guidelines
We are collecting articles about the future and want to hear from you. Our hope is to periodically publish a crowd sourced view of the future in the form of a magazine (we define the future to be 10 years from now). There are 2 formats we're playing with now, but don’t limit yourself to our definitions. If you have other ideas around format, please submit them.
- Seismothesis: We coined the term seismothesis to encapsulate the concept of seismos meaning “earth moving” and of course a thesis. Tell us something non-obvious that will have huge impact on the world 10 years from now. There are 3 sections. 1-3 pages plus any charts/graphs. Seismotheses are not product ads so no promotion in the piece itself, though we certainly will publish a short bio on the contributor along with the article.
- Foresight: description of the future
- Insight: non-obvious insight on why this is truly world changing
- Action: what would a smart person do today to take advantage of the 2 aforementioned sections
- TechEulogy: There are 3 sections. 1-2 pages.
- Eulogy: Tell us about a technology that you are forecasting will die within 10 years. Again it should be non-obvious. And it should read like a eulogy.
- Turningpoint: discussion around a turningpoint i.e. when did the technology make the biggest mistake? What could it have done to avoid dying? What technology replaces it in the future? What did it do right? The turning point itself can be in the future.
- Final goodbye